Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Saga Continues

Today, I was notified that Leatherneck - the journal of the United States Marine Corps - accepted my submission.

The article - with the working title of "For the Boys"- accounts for the details and legacy of Lieutenant Jack Chevigny's time in the Marines up until his loss on Iwo Jima.

As I have related to many of you interested readers, Jack Chevigny was an inspirational figure and my purpose in my work is to resurrect the message of his life and his call to duty during World War II.

Thanks to the effort of Jay Hickman of Elmore Public Relations in Houston, Texas as well as the support of the Fund for Teachers, my vision quest is quickly moving toward reality. It is through Jay and the Fund for Teachers that these opportunities such as Leatherneck's invitation continue to arise.

Semper Fi.

No comments: